Cemetery of the Roman Catholic Parish of St. Mary of the Angels in Lipsk
Cemetery of the Roman Catholic Parish of St. Mary of the Angels in Lipsk, founded in 1825 on a rectangular plan. Located on a hill, in the south-eastern part of the village. Area of about 3.4 ha. Surrounded with a wall of field stone, with gates situated in the eastern and western sides of the wall. The oldest preserved gravestones come from the second half of the 19th and early 20th centuries. These are cast iron crosses from the nearby Sztabin Steelworks. Typical kinds of gravestones among the oldest ones are those made of cast iron or iron, forged or cast, crosses on stone plinths, numerous stone gravestones shaped as obelisks topped with cast iron crosses; another group consists forged crosses embedded on stones. In 1978, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was erected in the cemetery; it has the inscription: UNKNOWN SOLDIER/ A TRIBUTE TO THE SOLDIERS/ WHO DIED DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY/ INHABITANTS OF LIPSK 09.05.1978. Graves of priests from Lipsk – Jan Trzaska (1885-1921) and Tadeusz Zajączkowski (1932-1997) – present historical value.