Chapel of the Holy Spirit in Goniądz
In the burial cemetery by the road to Mońki one can see the Chapel of the Holy Spirit built of yellow brick. This name of the temple is not accidental, because the first cemetery chapel was built here in 1804 of the demolition materials from the old hospital church of the Holy Spirit, which – endangered with collapsing – hadn't been used for a long time. The foundations and the destroyed logs were exchanged, the building also obtained a new roof and a tower, as it had not had one before. The church survived another one hundred years in that condition. In 1907 a brick chapel was constructed in its place. It is an eclectic building with an advantage of Gothic elements used to decorate the elevations. However, while designing the interior he was inspired by classical architecture, so he introduced fluted pilasters and profiled cornices.