PL-2551-n Walking Trail – blue markings
Show / hide map
It leads from Wizna, along the Narew river, then by the Ruś village through the bridge on the Łomża – Białystok road it continues on the left side of the river (numerous water and marsh birds in the spring), then it goes through the Góra Strękowa, village where the bunker of the legendary Captain Raginis’ bunker is located. In the village of Góra Strękowa, the trail crosses the Narew river and, just after Laskowiec village, it enters the borders of Biebrza National Park, going the so-called “Tsar’s Road”. On the left side of the trail there is an observation tower, a great vantage point to see the wide scenery of the Ławki Marshes. After the Dobarz village, the trail takes a left turn (beginning of the red trail), leads next to the Barwik car park and reaches the Budy village, then it goes through the village of Olszowa Droga; reaches the railway (Osowiec Station), then crosses the road and the Białystok – Ełk railway. After that, it goes along the left, high bank of the Biebrza river; in Dolistowo Stare, it leads to the other side of the river, crosses the Dębowo lock on the Augustowski Canal (lock built in 1826-27), then in Jagłowo (interesting architecture) it gets back on the left bank of Biebrza river. From there, it leads through the villages of Rutkowszczyzna and Trzyrzeczki, goes through the Trzyrzeczki forest complex (having varied plant life), then through the villages of Kamienna Nowa and Kamienna Stara. It ends in Lipsk.