Kalvaria - Tourist attractions
By the Orija lake in the village of Orija (Kalvarija elderate, Kalvarija municipality) a 3rd class camping is planned to be built in the nearest future. The camping site area is about 3.5 ha.
situated in a quiet place by a former watermill and is intended for those who love peace, privacy and nature. The homestead ponds are planted with carp and trout.
St. Michael‘s Church in Kamšai
the church, built in the Second World War, has the forms of a traditional residential house, a rectangular plan, a tower. The interior’s inventory came from an Orthodox church. The churchyard fence is made from wood and brick pillars.
The Church of St. Roch in Akmenynai
the previous church was burned and destroyed in the Second World War. The new lovely wooden church was built in 1991 in the same place.
The Church of the Holy Virgin Mary in Kalvarija
Designed by the famous Italian architect Enrico Marconi and built in 1838-1840. This brick church belongs to the period of the Romantic Historicism and is predominantly shaped in Classicism forms. The church was supplemented and enlarged with towers and l