Churchyard cemetery of the Parish of St. John the Baptist in Nowy Dwór
Churchyard cemetery of the Parish of St. John the Baptist in Nowy Dwór, founded in the 16th century on a plan of an irregular polygon. Located in Kościelna Street, in the northern frontage of the village square, in the centre of the village. Covers the area of nearly 0.5 ha. Surrounded by a cobblestone wall with three gates and a belfry from 1858 in the south-western corner. The oldest traces of a burial by the church are found in the 1615 testament of Fr. Wojciech Krzyczkowski, founder of the altaria of the Transfiguration of Jesus. The oldest and most valuable found gravestone is made of cast iron from Sztabin Steelworks and is dedicated to Józef Eynarowicz, d. 19.03.1845. It is a cuboid-shaped classical monument on a pedestal. One of the walls is decorated with a motif of seashells and crossed, upturned torches. The vertical slabs surmounted with a cymatium and a cross resting on an orb; a panel with an inscription: HERE LIES/ THE BODY OF JÓZEF/ EYNAROWICZ/ GENTRYMAN/ OF SOKÓŁKA COUNTY/ LIVED 71.5 AND YEARS/ PASSED AWAY ON 19TH MARCH 1845/ AFFECTION/ DEDICATES THIS MONUMENT OF HIS MEMORY. Moreover, there are gravestones of murdered villagers of Nowy Dwór: Stefania Andrukiewicz and Marianna Rutkowska – victims of WWI and Jan Tomaszewski d. 1920, father Józef Lipiński d. 1933 – the so called OAKS OF MEMORY – KATYŃ 1940 – TO SAVE FROM OBLIVION – by Eugeniusz Rokicki, Jan Sobolewski.